Before we get on to the list of top nightlife venues for singles in New York City, here’s three valuable points I want you to take away from this post.
1. Have fun! Nightlife is supposed to be an adventure.
Whether you’re newly single, new to the dating scene, or you just want to go out to party and explore, it’s imperative that you enjoy yourself and make the most out of every experience. It always amazes me how guys new to the dating scene turn something that’s supposed to be harmless and fun such as going out into a chore or a job.
You only get to be young once, so squeeze the juice out of your life as a bachelor and enjoy it. As I always say, the nightlife is like a roller coaster. If you keep your expectations low, let loose, and learn from every experience both good and bad, you’d be surprised how easy it is to find love in these strange places.
2. Just like Las Vegas, New York City’s nightlife was built on handshakes.
Treat everyone you come across, especially club and bar staff, as your friends. Tip well and nurture those strategic relationships as it will benefit you greatly in the long haul. In one of my previous posts, I extensively cover this concept along with the do’s and dont’s of meeting women in the nightlife.
3. No matter what city you’re in, every venue has a life cycle.
Clubs and other nightlife hot spots change every few months, seasons, and years. Understand that every place has a life cycle and what was once one of the hottest venues could be closed down the following month.
For example, Webster Hall, an iconic venue where many young people and those new to the New York scene might start their nightlife adventures, recently just shut down for renovations and changes. In reality, this iconic venue that has been open for ages is being converted to something that is less clubby. You can read more in TimeOut about Webster Hall’s closing and renovation.
So with these three points in mind, let’s get onto the list of NYC’s top nightlife venues…
Note: We will periodically update this list, since NYC’s nightlife is a lot like the restaurant scene in that it’s constantly changing. If you find any new places or something you’d like us to add to the list, feel free to shoot me an email at email@example.com.
- Slate NYC (Dance Club)
- 54 W 21st St, New York, NY 10010
- 230 Fifth (Rooftop/Dance Club)
- 230 5th Ave, New York, NY 10001
- The Press Lounge (Rooftop/Lounge)
- 653 11th Ave, New York, NY 10036
- Royalton Park Ave (Rooftop/Dance Club)
- 420 Park Ave S, New York, NY 10016
- Sky Room (Rooftop)
- 330 W 40th St, New York, NY 10018
- Pod 39 (Rooftop)
- 145 E 39th St, New York, NY 10016
- Harbor (Rooftop/Dance Club)
- 621 W 46th St, New York, NY 10036
- PHD Terrace at Dream Midtown (Rooftop)
- 210 W 55th St, New York, NY 10019
- Roof at Park South (Rooftop)
- 125 E 27th St, New York, NY 10016
- Refinery Rooftop (Rooftop)
- 63 W 38th St, New York, NY 10018
- Top of the Strand (Rooftop)
- 33 W 37th St, New York, NY 10018
- St. Cloud Rooftop Bar
- 6 Times Square, New York, NY 10036
- Birreria (Rooftop)
- 200 5th Ave, New York, NY 10010
- Gallow Green (Rooftop/Bar)
- 542 W 27th St, New York, NY 10001
- The Frying Pan (Bar)
- 207 12th Avenue, Big Red Boat in Park, New York, NY 10001
The East & West Village
- 1 Oak (Dance Club)
- 453 W 17th St, New York, NY 10011
- Bar 13 (Dance Club)
- 35 E 13th St, New York, NY 10003
- Marquee NYC (Dance Club)
- 289 10th Ave, New York, NY 10001
- The Penny Farthing (Bar)
- 103 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10003
- Phebes (Bar)
- 361 Bowery, New York, NY 10003
- One and One (Bar/Dance Club)
- 76 E 1st St, New York, NY 10009
- Solas (Bar)
- 232 E 9th St # 1, New York, NY 10003
- Planet Rose (Bar)
- 219 Avenue A, New York, NY 10009
- Brass Monkey (Bar/Rooftop)
- 55 Little W 12th St, New York, NY 10014
- Gansevoort Meatpacking (Rooftop)
18 9th Ave, New York, NY 10014
- The Standard Biergarten (Bar)
- 848 Washington St, New York, NY 10014
- Le Bain (Rooftop)
- The Standard, High Line, 848 Washington St, New York, NY 10014
- Avenue (Dance Club)
- 116 10th Ave, New York, NY 10011
- Troy Liquor Bar
- 675 Hudson St, New York, NY 10014
Lower East Side
- The DL (Rooftop/Dance Club)
- 95 Delancey St, New York, NY 10002
- Hotel Chantelle (Rooftop/Dance Club)
- 92 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002
- La Caverna (Dance Club)
- 122 Rivington St, New York, NY 10002
- Bob Bar
- 235 Eldridge St, New York, NY 10002
- Pianos (Bar/Dance Club)
- 158 Ludlow St, New York, NY 10002
- Hair of the Dog (Bar)
- 168 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Leave Rochelle Out of It (Bar)
- 205 Chrystie St, New York, NY 10002
- Mr. Purple (Rooftop)
- 180 Orchard St, New York, NY 10002
- Lounge 247 (Dance Club)
- 247 Eldridge St, New York, NY 10002
- 205 Club (Dance Club)
- 205 Chrystie St, New York, NY 10002
- The Woods (Bar)
- 48 S 4th St, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Freehold (Bar)
- 45 S 3rd St, Brooklyn, NY 11249
- Union Pool (Bar)
- 484 Union Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- 135 N 5th St, Brooklyn, NY 11249
- Night of Joy (Bar)
- 667 Lorimer St, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Westlight (Bar/Rooftop)
- 111 N 12th St, 22nd floor, Brooklyn, NY 11249
- Berry Park (Bar/Rooftop)
- 4 Berry St, Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Good Room (Nightclub)
- 98 Meserole Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11222
‘Til Next Time,
Hi, I'm Rob and welcome to our website!
In the last decade I've been coaching men (and women) in the art of connecting and finding love. I can tell you I've been referred to as "an asshole with a heart".
Just like other men who've been trying to figure out and understand the dating game, I used to be socially awkward. I'm a former Dating Mastery Program alumni and CofC apprentice with a decade worth of experience under my belt as a student, coach, and lifestyle mentor. My background is in applied psychology and I utilize a combination academic theory, research, and practical application towards our coaching.
I'm not a creepy pickup artist. I'm a normal guy that's competent, confident, and comfortable with women. My job is simple and that's to understand, nurture, support, motivate, and help you achieve and possibly realize the best version of yourself so you can authentically express yourself, connect with women (or men), and help you achieve whatever your dating goals may be in the most holistic, comprehensive, and practical manner.
Welcome to Craft of Charisma, The #1 company for teaching people to authentically connect, love, and nurture healthy relationships that can last a lifetime.
Let us know how we can help you!
Book phone coaching session with Rob V.