“It’s so hard being single again, I’ve been in a relationship for the last 4 years and it feels like starting from square one all over again. I’ve slowly gotten over my breakup, I’ve been dressing better, have gotten back into shape, yet at this point, I have no idea what to do or where I should even try meeting women since I hate going to bars & clubs.”
Whether you’re newly single and coming out of a long relationship or you have no experience meeting women and you’re trying to figure how to practice your social skills, expand your network, & meet women, it’s a common dilemma and no matter what situation you’re in, it a challenge nonetheless since you’re starting from square one. Whatever the reason, there’s never a better time than right now to go out and start meeting women. Since the weather is finally warm & if you have the luck of living in a vibrant metropolitan area or maybe even a decent-sized city, the odds are in your favor since you have thousands of opportunities to meet women that you like, that may have chemistry with, & maybe eventually get a new girlfriend if that is your goal. The question now lies in “where do I start, where are the best places to meet women?”
Today is your lucky day, to help you figure out where you want to begin your search, I’ve put together a comprehensive list of the 20 best places to meet women other than a bar and club to expand your social network, build new friendships, and most of all meet women. If the bars and clubs isn’t your scene, not to worry. There are plenty of places on this list where you can rebuild your social and dating life. A lot of men make the mistake of going straight into the nightlife whether they’re coming off a long relationship or have no dating experience. It’s understandable since it’s a distraction and a quick fix to cope with the difficult emotions of a breakup and most conventional dating advice usually give men & women strategies & tactics on how to communicate & seduce each other in a nightlife setting such as a bar or a club.
Trying to meet a woman you want to date out of a crowded bar has a lot of variables and circumstances that is out of your control. There is the process of having to scope out the surrounding environment for someone you’re interested in, dealing with her group of friends, feeling out whether or not she’s single, approaching her with an opening line to hook her attention, and the added social pressure of trying to sustain a conversation in a loud environment. Not exactly the most ideal setting for getting to know someone, nurturing a deeper connection, and getting yourself a girlfriend in the long run.
Without further ado, here are the 20 best places to meet women:
- Get Physically Active
- If you’re a physically active person or you’re trying to get back into shape what better way than to kill two birds with one stone than join a workout group, a co-ed sports league, or maybe even a running club if you’re into running. The beauty about joining these clubs besides finding like minded people (if you’re a workout warrior or love being physically active), having accountability, & a fun way to get into shape is that it helps you expand your social circle & these classes are usually heavily populated with fit & attractive women looking to break a sweat & socialize. I’d also like to add from my own personal experience is that because of the accountability & support system you’re more likely to stay with your fitness goals since you’re doing it with other people who are going through the same thing as you & you’re never bored.
- If you have no idea where to find these types of clubs or if you live in the New York Metropolitan Area, I recommend checking this list out:
- If you’re the type of person that likes to do good for the community and you genuinely love helping people, one of the best places to meet women is volunteering. Also, along with having the added benefit of being in an environment with other like-minded people who want to serve the community what better way to communicate to a girl what kind of person you are then volunteering your time for a cause you genuinely care about & finding ways to help people in need. In the case you don’t know what causes you care about or what to do, I’d recommend making a list of things you deeply care about or if you still have no idea you can take a look at this list:
- Take Dance Classes
- This one may take you out of your comfort zone but if you want to get the most out of your social and dating life, getting out of your comfort zone is essential. Besides another fun way to get yourself into really good shape, learning how to dance has its social benefits. Besides impressing your friends, family, & the ladies next time you’re out, it’s a really fun way to meet women & for the guys who are uncomfortable with touching (in the context of flirting & seduction) it really helps.
- If you’re not sure where to start or what specific dance style you want to learn I recommend dipping your toes and trying as many styles as possible until you find a good fit or just focus on partner dancing styles such as salsa, bachata, ballroom, foxtrot, tango, & etc. If you live in the New York area you can take a look at this list below to get some ideas:
- Take a Cooking Class
- Other than making pretty mean omelettes I can tell you in terms of cooking skill I’m somewhere between a microwave warrior and your creative/paraphernalia friendly executive chef. After experimenting with my culinary curiosities I’ve learned that good food is the one thing in the world that brings people together no matter what background you come from. I can tell you that besides meeting interesting people from all walks of life, cooking classes are a fun way to not only learn how to be competent behind the stove or grill but a fun way to meet and connect with women.
- If you’re a foodie and want to find out where your nearest cooking class is you can check out the following links:
- Acting & Improv Classes
- A few years ago I took an improv class to be able to think on the fly, prepare for job interviews, & get out of my head when I’m interacting with people. Besides the added skill-sets to my social tool box, I’ve managed to meet some really amazing people in these classes and my last girlfriend before she moved. My friend & I were the only two guys in this class of 10 with the other 8 all being women. Just like the last 4 suggestions I’ve made, these classes are specifically designed to breed social interaction.
- If you’re not sure where to find out where to take these classes you can check out the following links:
- Music Lessons
- Just like acting and improv, these classes are meant to bring people together to build a community and hone their craft. Whether you want to learn how to sing, join a choir, produce music, start a band, or learn how to play a musical instrument, these are probably one of the best environments to meet women
- Social Events
- Whether it’s a networking event, your alma mater’s alumni events, a young professionals organization, fundraiser, or a charity many of these social events attract women and provides you with a social context to easily converse with practically anyone. Most people go to these social events to make new friends & expand their social network. Be confident, be flexible, & most importantly be social.
- If you’re not sure how to find these types of events just like the causes you care about list, I recommend creating a list of the things that you’re really interested in & check out:
- Attend a Concert
- Just like food, music connects people. Whether you’re into indie music, pop, or hip-hop the beauty about music is there are different genres for different personalities & tastes. Concerts, shows, and music festivals are all amazing places to get social & meet women.
- A quick tip: a great time to chat people up is when you’re in line for the show or at the concession stand before the show starts, I wouldn’t recommend trying to talk to a girl you’re interested in during the middle of the show. If it’s a show where people are dancing, if you took my advice by taking dance classes this is where it would come in handy. Don’t forget to have fun & just please be mindful & don’t try to grind on her or be the creepy guy who grinds on women from behind.
- If you’re not sure what concerts are going on in your area I’d recommend checking out the following links to get an idea of what shows are playing in your area:
- Go To or Throw a Party
- Whether it’s a small house party, a get together, or a barbeque, these are wonderful ways to meet women. If however you don’t get invited to parties and you’ve managed to nurture a social circle from trying out the last 7 tips I provided for you try hosting a get together or throwing party
- If you don’t know how to throw a party check out the following link:
- If you want to figure out where most parties, events, or get togethers are thrown or get some ideas for throwing your own themed parties:
- The Dog Park
- If you have a dog, if you’re a dog lover, or you want to get some fresh air with your best friend, the dog park is one of the best places to meet women. Not only are dogs man’s best friend, I’d argue they’re also man’s best wingman. It’s really easy to get social and meet women. Play with her dog, chat her up and maybe you might even end up setting a playdate to let your dogs play while you hang out with her.
- If you want to find out where the nearest dog park is you can check out the following links:
- The Coffee Shop
- Coffee shops are a great place to meet women if you’re a caffeine addict like myself. During the week you’ll see tons of people working on their MacBooks & tablets at coffee shops. Whether you’re a student, work remotely, or a writer, I’d argue coffee shops are probably the most underutilized way to meet & socialize with women.
- If you spot a girl you’re interested in & it’s peak hours at the coffee shop, just ask her if you can sit by her table since it’s packed or just sit down at the table next to her if there is an open spot & after getting settled in just ask her if she knows what the Wi-Fi password is, if she’s got an iPhone charger, or ask her what she recommends if it’s not a Starbucks or a chain. Just be mindful, if she doesn’t look stressed, completely consumed with whatever she’s doing, or is on the phone get creative & immediately segue & ask her what she’s doing (blogging, reading, studying, thinking, etc.)
- Any Starbucks or Panera will do but if you’re not a fan of franchises or coffee chains you can check out this list:
- The Grocery Store
- For some strange reason especially when I’m doing my grocery shopping and running errands I’ve always managed to meet the prettiest women at the local Whole Foods. It’s really easy to come off as creepy if you’re trying to chat up the pretty brunette you saw at the frozen food section so the best tip I can offer for you is stay away from using weird innuendos & puns involving melons, bananas, & other foods shaped like sexual organs. The best time to socialize with a girl at the local grocery store is while you’re in the checkout line or you’re waiting in line for a fresh cut of meat or fish. If however there aren’t any women in line & you manage to see a girl that’s really caught your eye, I’d recommend chatting a girl up at the food court section since a lot of Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, & even Costco have large food courts.
- If you’re not sure how to break the ice with a girl, take a look at one of our previous articles before you try chatting up the cute brunette next time you go grocery shopping:
- Public Transportation
- Public transportation can be one of the hardest places to strike up a conversation with a girl but, also incredibly rewarding if it goes well. It’s quite ironic because you could be sitting next to a girl for the next hour on the bus or train during rush hour. There are plenty of opportunities to chat a girl up but the most important this is to be mindful of her emotions, space, & comfort. It’s very easy to come off as a creepy guy if you’re not aware of these things
- If you don’t want to come off as a creep please take a look at this article before attempting to chat up the next girl that catches your eye on your daily commute:
- Galleries and Art Museums
- If you love art or want to get in touch with your inner creative, the museum is one of the best places to meet cultured, intelligent, and sophisticated women. One of the best things about art that it’s open to interpretation so don’t be afraid to chat up any girl that’s deeply immersed into the experience of an art piece. Museums & art galleries are usually under-attended so do your research before you check out the exhibit. Most of them usually host events that include live music, free food, & donating to charitable causes.
- If you’re not sure how to find these places check out the following links:
- Political Campaigning
- Politics is always a touchy subject when it comes to most people but if you’re a curious person & you’re really interested in politics, I’d recommend volunteering your time to help out your local senator, congressman, mayor, or whatever public servant is running for political office. I don’t identify with any specific political party but in the past I’ve volunteered to campaign for both Republican and Democratic officials. If you’re really passionate about politics this is a great way to network & even meet women that are interested in the same political causes that you care about
- If you’re not sure how to find these events take a look at:
- Wine Tasting
- If you’re a wine connoisseur or want to learn about wine, these are great places to meet people & have real & intelligent conversations with women compared to a regular bar or a nightclub.
- If you’re not sure how to find out where the nearest wine tasting is taking place you can check out the following links:
- Speed Dating & Singles Events
- A little unconventional but I can attest that speed dating is a fun alternative to meeting people & meeting women at a very high volume in the shortest amount of time. The best part is if it doesn’t work out or you just don’t click with whoever you’re matched with you’re immediately matched with another person. Speed dating events usually provide questionnaires & surveys for you to fill out to match you with people who have similar interests & traits. If you don’t like structure & love spontaneity I’d recommend just trying it out & socializing with as many women as possible even if they’re not in your cohort. I can tell you from experience most of the dates I’ve gotten we’re girls I talked to before the event in the lounge area & the funniest part is I was never matched with them during the actual event. If you live in the NY metro area check out the following links:
- If you live in a major metropolitan area or even a decent sized city there’s a high probability of singles events from happy hour, singles cruises, & etc. I’d recommend checking out the following link:
- Check out a book signing or go to your local Barnes & Noble
- If you’re an avid bookworm or just love to read these are probably the best places to meet intellectually curious women. I’d recommend checking out the events page on your local bookstore or Barnes & Noble website so you can see what major celebrity, author, or your favorite author is coming in & doing a talk & book signing.
- Faith/Spiritual Based Activities
- If you are a religiously inclined or spiritual individual I’d recommend getting involved with your church, temple, synagogue, or maybe even your meditation group’s social events & activities.
- Stand Up Comedy/Slam Poetry (Open Mic Night)
- If you want to get in touch with your inner Dave Chappelle or watch poets express themselves as if they were MMA fighters competing for a championship belt these events are filled with people from all walks of life & a great place to meet women.
- If you’re in NYC & want to find out where your nearest comedy club/open mic night is located check out the following links:
So there you have it, the best places to meet women other than bars & clubs.
‘Til Next Time,